#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that encourages philanthropy and celebrates generosity worldwide. #GivingTuesday was created and encourage giving during the holiday season.
Following Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday is Tuesday, November 28th. There are many ways to show your support for Volunteers in Medicine, you can:
- Donate to the Volunteers in Medicine national office
- Give directly to your local Volunteers in Medicine clinic
- Contact your local Volunteers in Medicine clinic about volunteer opportunities
- “Like” the Volunteers in Medicine national office on Facebook
- Develop a clinic in your community
- Shop at smile.amazon.com and select Volunteers in Medicine National Office
The Volunteers in Medicine national office assists communities across the country with the development of free health care clinics for the uninsured and medically underserved. Currently there are 88 Volunteers in Medicine clinics in 28 states across the country.
Volunteers in Medicine clinics provide a variety of primary care and specialty services to those without access. Care is delivered within a “Culture of Caring” by retired and practicing medical professionals and community volunteers. Volunteers in Medicine is about communities coming together to help one another.
Get involved this #GivingTuesday. With your support, we can give the gift of health care to those without access and build stronger communities. Thank you for your support!