#GivingTuesday is an international day of giving that encourages philanthropy and celebrates generosity around the world. #GivingTuesday was created as a way of encouraging giving during the holiday season.
Mark your calendars for #GivingTuesday – Tuesday, November 27th. There are many ways you can get involved and show your support for Volunteers in Medicine, you can:
- Donate funds or a vehicle to the Volunteers in Medicine national office
- Give directly to your local Volunteers in Medicine clinic
- Contact your local Volunteers in Medicine clinic about volunteer opportunities
- “Like” the Volunteers in Medicine national office on Facebook
- Develop a clinic in your community
- Shop at smile.amazon.com and select Volunteers in Medicine National Office
The Volunteers in Medicine national office assists communities across the country with the development of free health care clinics for the medically underserved. Currently, there are 88 Volunteers in Medicine clinics in 26 states across the country.
Volunteers in Medicine clinics provide a variety of primary care and specialty services to those without access. Care is delivered within a “Culture of Caring” by retired and practicing medical professionals and community volunteers. In 2017, VIM clinics served over 81,600 patients and delivered over 343,000 patient visits. More than 10,400 medical and non-medical volunteers shared their time and expertise in VIM clinics.
Volunteers in Medicine is about communities coming together to help one another. Get involved this #GivingTuesday. With your support, we can give the gift of health care to those without access and build stronger communities. Thank you for your support!