VIM Talks is a series of networking audio sessions for VIM Alliance members. These sessions, hosted by the Volunteers in Medicine national office, provide an opportunity for members to exchange ideas and share their experiences on a variety of topics related to clinic operations.
VIM Talks was developed in response to repeated requests made by VIM clinic directors to provide more opportunities for networking and discussion.
An agenda will be sent out to clinic directors prior to each VIM Talks session. Directors and other VIM clinic leaders will be asked to pre-register to participate. Participants will be asked to share their thoughts and experiences regarding the specific agenda.
VIM Talks Schedule (1:00 – 2:00 pm EST):
- Thursday, January 12: Getting grant writing right
- Thursday, March 23: Let’s get practical: Quality improvement in your free clinic
- Thursday, May 18: The art of fundraising
- Monday, June 19: Social media tips to make your VIM clinic more visible and viable
- Thursday, July 20: Preparing for and managing unexpected PR nightmares
- Monday, September 11: Considerations for dental care
- Thursday, November 16: Managing volunteers: The keys to high performance
As we learn more about the future of the Affordable Care Act, we may add a session to discuss the impact upon our clinics.
This program is sponsored, in part, with generous support from Teva Pharmaceuticals.