Support Our COVID-19 Telemedicine Initiative
Volunteers in Medicine Deals with the Crisis within the Crisis
Right now 90 Volunteers in Medicine clinics have thousands of providers across our country heroically serving on the frontlines of this crisis to provide free healthcare to more than 100,000 people in need.
Sadly, many of those volunteer healthcare professionals are older and therefore more susceptible to the disease, so they can no longer serve in-person at the clinics.
But we have a plan to help these heroic volunteers get back to saving lives.
Today’s technology gives us the ability to use Telemedicine in the fight against COVID-19 and other critical conditions, enabling providers to deliver care remotely while avoiding the risk of transmission of the disease.
In partnership with Doxy.me, we are equipping, training, and supporting clinics and their volunteer caregivers all over the U.S. to use Telemedicine to keep our neighbors, friends, and loved ones alive and healthy in the face of this historic challenge.
Support Our COVID-19 Telemedicine Initiative Today!
Give today and help us get these compassionate caregivers online serving tens of thousands of people who need healthcare right now.
How Your Support of Our COVID-19 Telemedicine Initiative Will Help
- Telemedicine technology by Doxy.me specifically branded for Volunteers in Medicine clinics
- Computer hardware and high-speed internet connectivity
- Start-up training and support provided by our staff and volunteers
- Mini-grants to help cover costs of clinic staff in coordinating provider enrollment, patient scheduling, and telemedicine visits
- Project data collection and reporting back to participating clinics, donors and funders
- Capturing and disseminating lessons learned in Telemedicine care for uninsured patients
- Volunteer caregiver feedback and satisfaction data